Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! What a tremendous time we find ourselves in, with unique opportunities to build His kingdom. I hope you are all doing well and finding strength and peace during this unusual time. We have been waiting on the governor to release his plan to open everything up to make sure that the re-engage plan we have outlined will be in line with what he set out. Our ultimate goal is to begin the process of meeting together again in person, while keeping everyone as safe as possible.
Here’s the plan given our current information:
1. No Wednesday night prayer service or Sunday School classes through May. These will remain online only.
2. Limited participation for Sunday Services. While we will continue our online worship service option, beginning Sunday May 17th, we will begin in-person worship services as well. However, there will be a 50 person limit to live participation. We will initiate online reservations through the church’s website, www.lantana.church. If interest is high enough, we will consider having a second service. The sanctuary will be set up with family-style tables and encourage non-family members to practice social distancing.
This course of action goes along with the governor’s 25% rule,
but lags behind by two and a half weeks.
3. If all goes well, after a period of time, we will increase the Sunday morning attendance allowance to 100 following the same guidelines as with 50 (family tables, etc.). Again, this follows along with the governor’s plan of 50%
as the next tier.
4. Again, if all goes well and we get clearance from the CDC, State, and local authorities, some time after we will fully return to all worship together, including Sunday School, Wednesday prayer meeting, Kids, etc.
Please keep in mind we will be taking every precaution to keep people safe and follow the states recommended health protocols for houses of worship.
• Regularly and frequently cleaning and disinfecting any regularly touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, tables, chairs, and restrooms.
• Disinfecting seats between services.
• Disinfecting any items that come into contact with attendees.
• Having hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water,
or similar disinfectant readily available.
• Placing readily visible signage to remind
everyone of best hygiene practices.
If you are unable to come, do not feel safe in any way, or are among those who are susceptible to getting sick, please know that it is OK to stay home. We will continue to provide the same high-quality live streaming video worship experience that we have all grown to love. What is of utmost importance during this time is everyone’s health and safety.
We do not wish to endanger that in any way.
Thank you all for your continued love, encouragement, and support during these trying times. My prayer is that during this time, we will have many opportunities to love like Jesus so that lives change!
I hope you are encouraged and know that myself, the staff,
and the leaders of the church are all praying for you!
Believing in Him,